How to get to Khao Sok ? Traveling to Khao Sok National Park in Thailand offers an immersive experience in one of the world’s most stunning natural environments. To ensure an enriching journey, it’s important to consider various aspects such as transportation, accommodation, activities, and practical tips.
Transportation to Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok is accessible from various parts of Thailand, with options varying based on your starting location.
- From Koh Samui, Ko Tao, and Ko Phangan: The journey involves a boat ride to Donsak Pier in Surat Thani, followed by a minivan or bus ride to KhaoSok, taking about 7 hours in total.
- From Bangkok: Travelers can opt for a night bus taking approximately 13 hours, or fly to Surat Thani and then take a minivan, with a total travel time of around 5 hours.
- From Chiang Mai: The best option is to fly to Surat Thani and then take a minivan, with the journey taking about 6 hours.
- From Surat Thani: A minivan or a bus can take you to Khao Sok in about 2 hours.
Baca Juga : How To Say How Much In Thai ?
- Khao Sok Riverside Cottages and Art’s Riverview Lodge offer great value for money, with beautiful riverside locations and excellent facilities.
- Our Jungle Camp – Eco Resort provides an eco-friendly stay with various accommodations, including treehouses and bungalows.
- Khaosok River Camp and Khao Sok Green Valley Resort are other commendable options, offering comfortable stays amidst nature.
- For a unique experience, consider staying in a floating bungalow on Cheow Lan Lake, part of an overnight tour package.
Activities and Experiences
- Cheow Lan Lake: A highlight of the park, this lake offers stunning views, kayaking, and the opportunity to stay in floating bungalows.
- Night Safari Trek: Experience the rainforest in the dark and encounter diverse wildlife.
- Local Guided Tours: To fully appreciate the beauty and biodiversity of Khao Sok, consider joining a guided tour. Local guides offer insights into the area’s history and culture.
- Bring Essential Items: Pack a camera, sunscreen, insect repellent, a hat, and rain gear for an enjoyable experience.
- Camping Options: For those interested in camping, Chiew Larn Lake offers campsites with basic facilities. The visitor center also has a campsite with tent rentals available.
- Food: The accommodations usually have good restaurants, but for variety, Pawn’s restaurant and Khao Sok Bistro & Bar in the village of Khlong Sok are recommended.
- Entrance Fee: The national park fee is 300 THB per person.
- Tour Packages: Prices vary, but a comprehensive package including accommodation, activities, and some meals can be around 5600 THB per person.
- Overall Cost: Expect to spend an average of $374 per person for a 2-day tour and stay in Khlong Sok.
Best Time to Visit
Khao Sok National Park is a year-round destination, with each season offering a different experience. The wettest months are June to September, offering cooler temperatures, while the driest months from October to April are warmer.
Visiting Khao Sok National Park is an adventure that requires careful planning. With the right preparation, you can have a memorable experience exploring this unique and enchanting part of Thailand. (Travel)