IMAXSHIFT.COM – Apple Watch Touch Screen Not Working After Cracked. When the screen cracks, it can sometimes cause touch screen issues as well. Here’s what you can try to resolve it:
- Force Restart: Hold the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo. This can often resolve minor software glitches.
- Unpair and Re-Pair: Unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone and then pair it back again. This process will erase all data from your Watch and can potentially fix software-related issues.
However, if you’re still facing problems after trying these steps, there’s a strong possibility that the damage is physical and requires hardware repair. In this case, you’ll need to contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store for further assistance.
Physical damage such as a cracked screen isn’t covered by the standard Apple One-Year Limited Warranty, but if you have AppleCare+ for Apple Watch, it does cover up to two incidents of accidental damage, although a service fee applies.
Keep in mind that you shouldn’t attempt to repair the cracked screen yourself. Unauthorized repairs can damage the Apple Watch further and might make the device ineligible for professional service.
Contact Apple Support:
- You can get in touch with Apple Support through the Apple website. Just navigate to the “Contact Apple Support” section and follow the prompts for your issue.
- If you have AppleCare+, make sure you mention it while you’re getting in touch with Apple Support.
Visit an Apple Store:
- You could also directly go to an Apple Store or an authorized Apple service center. It’s recommended to book an appointment before going.
- Bring your Apple Watch, its charger, and your iPhone with you to the appointment.
During your visit, an Apple technician will examine your Apple Watch and confirm the issue. They will then advise you on the next steps, such as cost and time frame for repair. If your Apple Watch is covered by AppleCare+, make sure to mention this as it can significantly reduce the cost of repair.
Remember, if the touch screen is not functioning due to a physical crack on the screen, there’s likely no way around a professional repair. Trying to repair it yourself or using a non-authorized service can cause more harm than good to your device, and may even void your warranty or eligibility for Apple‘s repair service.
Also Read : Apple Watch Water Resistance