How to go to koh larn from pattaya? Traveling from Pattaya to Koh Larn, an idyllic island located just 7km off the coast of Pattaya, offers a wonderful experience for visitors. The journey to this tropical paradise is an adventure in itself, with multiple options to reach the island, each offering a different experience.
Also Read : How To Say How Much In Thai ?
Getting There: Ferry and Speedboat Options
The primary mode of transportation from Pattaya to Koh Larn is by sea, with two popular choices: public ferry and speedboat.
- Public Ferry: This is a cost-effective and scenic option. The ferry ride costs only 30 THB per person for a one-way ticket, and there’s no need for advance booking. You can simply pay in cash right at the boat. The ferry offers two destinations on Koh Larn – Na Baan Pier, the main village with access to local transport options like motorbike services and songthaews, and Tawaen Beach, a popular beach but without nearby hotels. The ferry ride takes about 35 to 45 minutes, depending on the destination on the island.
- Speedboat: For a faster and more comfortable journey, speedboats are available. These are slightly more expensive, costing around 200 THB per person for a shared ride. The speedboat takes about half the time compared to the ferry and offers a more exclusive experience. Booking in advance, especially during peak seasons, is recommended for speedboats due to their popularity.
Also Read : How To Get To Khao Sok ?
Exploring Koh Larn
Once you arrive on Koh Larn, there’s a variety of experiences waiting for you. Whether it’s relaxing on the beaches, engaging in water sports, or exploring the local culture, Koh Larn has something for everyone.
- Beaches: Koh Larn is home to several beautiful beaches such as Tawaen Beach, Tong Lang Beach, Tayai Beach, Nual Beach (also known as Monkey Beach), Samae Beach, and Tien Beach. Each beach has its own unique charm, from bustling crowds to tranquil settings.
- Activities: The island offers various activities like banana boat rides, undersea walking, jet skiing, parasailing, and fishing. These activities provide thrilling experiences and are great ways to explore the beauty of Koh Larn.
- Cultural and Scenic Spots: Don’t miss visiting viewpoints like Kuan Yin for breathtaking views of the island. The Pratumnak Hill and the Big Buddha Viewpoint are also worth a visit.
- Getting Around the Island: To explore the island, you can use songthaews (bus-trucks), which are readily available and an easy way to travel around. Motorbike rentals are also an option for those who prefer a more personal mode of transportation.
In summary, the journey from Pattaya to Koh Larn and the activities on the island offer an experience filled with scenic beauty, adventure, and cultural exploration. Each mode of transportation and activity on the island contributes to a memorable experience, making Koh Larn a must-visit destination for those traveling to Thailand. (travel)