Here are some tips on how to clean your Apple Watch.
Clean and Dry Your Apple Watch
Ensure that your Apple Watch is kept tidy and moisture-free. Exposure to soaps, detergents, rough materials, forced air, ultrasonic cleaners, and external heat can lead to its deterioration, hence, these should be avoided.
Here’s how to maintain the cleanliness of your Apple Watch:
- First, switch off your Apple Watch and disconnect it from the charging dock.
- If your watch strap is made of leather, detach it from the watch.
- Proceed to gently clean your Apple Watch using a soft, lint-free fabric.
- If required, the fabric can be slightly wetted with pure water.
- If there are visible particles or substances in areas like the speaker ports, you can carefully rinse your Apple Watch under tepid, clean running water until these are removed.
- Refrain from using soaps or any other cleaning substances. Lastly, thoroughly dry your Apple Watch using a soft, lint-free fabric, which includes the back crystal’s surface.
Also Read : How to Silence Apple Watch ?
Clean and Dry the Digital Crown
If the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch is unresponsive or jammed, inspect for any foreign matter and clean your watch. If you spot any debris around the Digital Crown, here’s how to clean it, repeating the process if necessary:
- Firstly, power off your Apple Watch and unplug it from the charger.
- If your watch is equipped with a leather strap, make sure to detach it.
- Place the Digital Crown under gently flowing, warm, clean tap water. Avoid using soaps or any other cleaning agents.
- It’s crucial to avoid using soaps or any other cleaning agents. As the water flows over the small crevice between the crown and the casing, continuously rotate and press the Digital Crown.
Once the debris or substance is rinsed off, use a moisture-absorbing, non-rough, lint-free cloth to dry your Apple Watch. While drying it, keep rotating and pressing the Digital Crown. Make sure to dry the surface of the Digital Crown, the gap between the crown and the watch casing, and all adjacent surfaces.
Also Read : How to Charge Apple Watch Without Charger ?
Clean and Dry Your Apple Watch Band
Ensure to detach the band from your Apple Watch prior to cleaning. The cleaning instructions given apply solely to bands manufactured by Apple. For bands of other brands, adhere to the maintenance guidelines provided with those bands.
For Leather bands:
- Clean the leather segments of the bands using a soft, lint-free cloth.
- If required, you can slightly moisten the cloth with pure water.
- Refrain from immersing the leather bands in water as they are not water-resistant.
- Before reattaching it to your Apple Watch, allow the band to dry completely in the air.
- Do not store leather bands under direct sunlight, in high-temperature conditions, or in areas with high humidity.
For Solo Loop, Braided Solo Loop, Sport Band, Sport Loop, Ocean Band, Alpine Loop, and Trail Loop:
- Use a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth to clean the band. If needed, slightly wet the cloth with clean water. With these bands, mild hypoallergenic hand soap can also be utilized for cleaning purposes.
- Dry the band using a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth before reattaching it to your Apple Watch.
For all other types of bands, buckles, and closures:
- Clean the band using a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If required, dampen the cloth slightly with clean water.
- Before reattaching it to your Apple Watch, dry the band using a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth.